Here you’ll find a selection of frequently asked questions.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I PLACE AN ORDER?
- Once your order has been placed you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is dispatched we will send an email with all the shipping details.
- As a small Ltd Company we can't hold vast majorities of stock.
- All items show as 'in stock' on our website if they are available from the supplier. This does not mean we hold the physical stock. Items that we order in will be dispatched as soon as they arrive in stock. Please allow up to 7 - 10 business days for dispatch. For full delivery times please click here
HOW DO I CANCEL AN ORDER?
- Due to how quickly we process orders, if you wish to cancel or change your order please contact us immediately after placing your order. If your order has already been processed we will be unable to retrieve it.
DO YOU SHIP WORLDWIDE?
- Yes we ship to most countries worldwide.
- Due to the current situation with the Corona Virus, shipping costs have now risen to America, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc.. If you can't find your Country in the list and you require a shipping quote please contact us and we will be happy to get a shipping quote for you.
WHAT ARE THE DELIVERY COSTS?
- For UK and International delivery charges, please click here. If you require any further information on delivery charges please contact us.
HOW LONG DOES DELIVERY TAKE?
- We aim to deliver UK orders next day however this is dependant on the delivery service's. International orders may take up to 7 days from the date of dispatch.
WHAT COURIER SERVICES DO YOU USE?
- We use a combination of Royal Mail and Parcelforce for the UK and a combination of couriers for International delivery.
WHAT IF NO ONE IS HOME?
- A signature may not always be required for delivery and if there is no one available to take delivery our couriers may attempt to leave it with a neighbour or in a safe, secure location. A card may be left to advise this to you, or to confirm that the parcel has been returned to the local depot. You can then contact them to arrange collection or to schedule a new delivery date.
DO YOU ACCEPT RETURNS?
- You must inform us within 14 days of receiving your goods that you want to cancel. Then you have another 14 days to return the goods once you have informed us.. Goods must be returned in perfect condition (i.e. No smoke smell, animal hair or marks) with their original packaging. Original P&P costs paid when you placed your order will not be refunded.
- Free returns when paying with PayPal. Please see our full returns policy Also PayPal offer a free returns service. Subject to T&C's. Please see PayPals return policy.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
- We accept Paypal, American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay, Clearpay, Laybuy and bank transfer.
CAN I PAY WITH US DOLLARS, EURO, OTHER CURRENCY?
- All our prices are in GBP (£ Great British Pound Sterling) but you can pay in any currency. Your Bank/ PayPal will deduct the amount equal to your order total, automatically. We have a built in currency converter on the site, but this is a guide only; you need to check with your preferred payment method for the exact rates, as these change.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS LICENSED?
- Here at The Alternative Shark Ltd we pride ourselves on offering only the best quality products to our customers. All our products are Officially licensed and are sourced from the best suppliers in the business.
HOW DO I FIND MY SIZE?
- Please see our size guide to check your size in inches and centimetres.
IS IT SAFE TO SHOP ON YOUR WEBSITE?
- Yes it is safe to shop at The Alternative Shark Ltd
- Our customers digital security is paramount. That's why our website starts with HTTPS and uses a SSL certificate, which means any personal, sensitive or financial information that our customers share on our site is encrypted, protected and secure.
WHAT IS AN SSL CERTIFICATE?
- SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer and, in short, it's the standard technology for keeping an Internet connection secure and safeguarding any sensitive data that is being sent between two systems, preventing criminals from reading and modifying any information transferred, including potential personal details. The two systems can be a server and a client (for example, a shopping website and browser) or server to server (for example, an application with personal identifiable information or with payroll information).
- It does this by making sure that any data transferred between users and sites, or between two systems remain impossible to read. It uses encryption algorithms to scramble data in transit, preventing hackers from reading it as it is sent over the connection. This information could be anything sensitive or personal which can include credit card numbers and other financial information, names and addresses.
WHAT IS AN SSL / HTTPS SECURE SITE & HOW CAN YOU TELL IF A WEBSITE & CHECKOUT IS SECURE?
- An SSL certificate is installed on the server side but there are visual cues on the browser which can tell users that they are protected by SSL. Firstly, if SSL is present on the site, users will see https:// at the start of the web address rather than the http:// (the extra "s" stand for "secure"). Depending on what level of validation a certificate is given to the business, a secure connection may be indicated by the presence of a padlock icon or a green address bar signal.
- At the checkout look for a locked padlock, our checkout uses 128-bit encryption to keep your details safe.
- Once your order has been processed securely online, we do not keep any record of your credit card details.
Any additional help please don't hesitate to contact us either via email email@example.com or send me a message via Whatsapp.